Registration by Phone
If you would like access to the library’s e-books, e-audiobooks, and digital magazines, but don’t have a library card, we are ready to help.
Follow these instructions to sign up for a library card by phone.
- If you have access to a computer, go to https://gapines.org/eg/opac/register and fill out the application.
- Be sure to select either Brunswick-Glynn County Library or St. Simons Island Public Library listed under Marshes of Glynn Libraries as your Home Library at the top of the form.
- Fill out the rest of the required information on the form.
- Click the Submit Registration button at the bottom of the page.
- Next call either the Brunswick Library at (912) 279-3740 or the St. Simons Library at (912) 279-3750. Have your Georgia Driver’s License or other government-issued ID in hand when you make the call.
- Tell the library employee that you would like to finish registering for your library card.
- The employee will ask for your name.
- The employee will also ask if you have previously had a PINES card. If so, the employee may ask you to confirm a previous address, and then update that account with the new information.
- If you have not previously had a PINES card, you will be asked to confirm the information you submitted on the form.
- If you did not fill out the application before calling, you will be asked for information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, and email address.
- You will be asked to provide your driver’s license number or other government-issued ID number. Social Security Numbers are not accepted.
- Once the information is confirmed and saved in our system, your library card number will be given to you over the phone. Please write down this number for your records.
- At this point, you can go to services such as RBdigital or eRead Kids to create an account and begin checking out e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines.
- Library staff will print out a confirmation of your PINES card registration and mail both the confirmation and the actual library card to the address you provided with your application.
Please note that we are only offering one card per household over the phone.
In order to check out physical materials from the library, you will need to bring your library card and the ID you used in the application after the libraries re-open to the public.