Meeting Room FAQs
How do I reserve a meeting room?
- Submit a Meeting Room Inquiry using the booking grid at https://moglibraries.libcal.com/spaces?lid=16032&gid=0. You will be contacted by email in 3-5 business days with details regarding your booking.
Can I make a reservation or request a tour of spaces at the front desk?
- No. Front desk staff do not process reservations and cannot leave the front desk for extended periods of time. Reservations will only be accepted via the online booking system. You will be contacted by email in 3-5 business days with details regarding your booking.
How can I get a tour of your rental spaces?
- An appointment must be made to tour the rental spaces. Please call 912-279-3740 to reserve a time. Staffing does not permit tours without an appointment.
Is there a fee to reserve a meeting room?
- Yes. Fees are based on size of meeting room, time rented, and type of event. The rental fee structure and capacity of each space is listed on the Meeting Room page of our website.
When do I pay for the meeting room rental?
- The renter must pay all fees including damage deposit at the time the space is reserved.
When will I receive my damage deposit refund?
- Your damage deposit will be refunded if the facility is found to be in satisfactory condition following the event. If the facility is found to be in unsatisfactory condition, the damage deposit will be forfeited. All or part of your damage deposit will be forfeited and additional charges may be incurred for late departures or early arrivals. Once approved, the damage deposit will be refunded by mail to address on contract in approximately two weeks. Damage deposit refunds are returned by check only, even if paid by credit card, cash or money order.
Can I book a room for the same day?
- No. Rooms must be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
Do you allow food and drink in your meeting rooms?
- Yes. Food and Non-alcoholic beverages are permitted in our meeting rooms provided you, or your caterer bring the items in and you clean up afterwards. Additional charges and rules apply to events with alcoholic beverages.
Do you allow alcohol to be served during events?
- Yes. Events with alcohol must be booked at least 90 days in advance. Alcohol must be served by an approved caterer with the proper licenses and permits (Copies of these documents must be provided to the library at least 72 hours prior to the event.) Events with alcohol require 1 off duty police officer per 100 people. Rate is $ 40.00 per hour/per officer. Off duty police officers will be booked by library staff, but will be paid by renter upon their arrival. Please see policy for additional rules that apply to events with alcohol.
Can I reserve a meeting room for a time when the library isn’t open?
- Meeting rooms may be reserved during non-library hours for an additional fee. Reservations for non-library hours are conditional based on availability of library staff and must be booked at least 30 days in advance.
What is your cancellation policy?
- All fees and deposit are refundable for a cancellation of more than 60 days before the day of the event.
Will I be allowed early access to my room for set-up time?
- Early entrance or staying past your reserved time is not permitted because meeting rooms are reserved by multiple groups throughout the day. If your event requires set-up and take down time, it must be included in your rental time. All or part of your damage deposit will be forfeited and additional charges may be incurred for late departures or early arrivals.
Do you have A/V equipment available for rental?
- All conference rooms are equipped with projection equipment and microphones. All meeting rooms are equipped with a TV and Click Share to use with your own computer. The listed equipment is included in your rental.
Can you store my equipment/supplies for me overnight?
- The library cannot store or hold equipment, supplies, or other items for room rental customers prior to or between reservations. Any supplies or equipment sent to the library will not be accepted.
Will someone be available to manage my A/V needs?
- The library is not staffed to provide an A/V specialist for meetings or events. We recommend you set up an appointment before your event to test any A/V equipment you will use during your meeting or event.
Can I put up signs advertising my event?
- No signs or notices of any kind may be used outside the library advertising any event or activity except signs or notices approved by the library in writing in advance of placement of the sign or notice.