1. How do I get a library card?
Marshes of Glynn library cards are available free of charge to all residents of Georgia or Georgia property owners. In addition, military personnel stationed in Georgia and those working or attending school here are also eligible for a free PINES card.
Persons who do not meet the above criteria may receive a twelve-month library card for an annual fee of $25.00 or a six-month card for $12.50.
To receive a library card, you must complete a registration form, either in person or online at www.gapines.org and present valid identification showing your name and current address.
Valid identification for obtaining a library card includes:
- photo ID with the applicant’s current address
- or, if the photo ID does not show the applicant’s current address, photo ID plus: a voter registration card, a checkbook with pre-printed address, an insurance card, a tax receipt, a utility bill, or a piece of postmarked mail that shows the current address.
- In the event that the applicant does not have photo ID, two separate items from this list will qualify as valid ID. All ID presented must be original documents; photocopies will not be accepted. If you have specific questions about the identification required for a library card, please contact your local library and speak with the manager.
Applicants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian present to receive a library card. Proof of legal guardianship must be shown if applicant is being signed up by someone other than the parent. All applicants over 18 must present their application at the front desk.
2. What do I do if I have lost my card?
You must show valid ID and pay the $2.00 replacement fee to replace a lost card.
3. How long may I keep the items I check out?
Books, audiobooks, and music CDs check out for two weeks.
Videocassettes and DVDs check out for one week.
4. How much are overdue fines?
Overdue fines are $.20 per day, per item for books, audiobooks and music CDs, and $.50 per day, per item for videocassettes and DVDs.
There is a one-day grace period for overdue fines on all items.
5. How do I renew books, audiobooks, or DVDs that I have checked out?
You may renew your items in person, by phone or online.
If you wish to renew in person, you need only present your library card at the circulation desk. You do not need to bring the books as well.
When renewing by phone, patrons must provide their library card number when asked.
To renew online, point your browser to www.gapines.org, and choose the “My Account” link at the bottom of the page. Enter your user ID and your PIN. When you are in your account, choose “Items Checked Out”. Select the items you wish to renew and click the “Renew Selected Items” button. If you are not sure that your items renewed, call the library to verify.
6. How many times can I renew?
Books, audiobooks and music CDs each have two chances for renewal, for two weeks at each renewal, provided that another patron has not placed a hold on that item.
Videocassettes and DVDs have two chances for renewal, for one week at each renewal, provided that another patron has not placed a hold on that item.
Park passes cannot be renewed.
7. I have forgotten my PIN number for Pines. How can I get it reset?
We cannot tell you what your PIN is, but we can reset it. Present your card at the circulation desk and ask to have your PIN reset.
Patrons may also request a password reset by phone by calling a PINES library. The patron must be able to provide the library staff person with the barcode number, full name, date of birth, and either address or phone number.
If your account has an email address attached to it, you may reset your PIN online. Go to “My Account” at gapines.org and under the “Login” button, click “Forgot your password?”. You must enter either your username or your barcode (your library card number without any spaces) and click “Submit”. Your reset PIN will be emailed to you.
8. I have lost a book/audiobook/DVD. What should I do?
Contact the library to get the item price.