The Marshes of Glynn Libraries will begin offering limited curbside services at both the Brunswick Library and St. Simons Library during regular hours starting Monday, May 4.
- Book drops and return bins will be available at the Brunswick and St. Simons Libraries.
- Patrons are encouraged to keep any materials checked out until they are comfortable returning them.
- Fines will continue to be forgiven on overdue items after May 1 until further notice.
- Patrons who are sick or feeling ill should not attempt to return library materials at this time.
- To ensure the health and safety of library staff and patrons, all materials returned to the library will be quarantined for a period of 72 hours in accordance with CDC guidelines before they are checked in.
Rules for curbside pickup:
- No hold requests will be taken in person at the library. Patrons MUST either call the library or use their online PINES account to place the hold.
- Patrons may only request up to 10 items at a time.
- Materials are not being shipped between our libraries at this time. Only items owned by the pickup library will be available.
- Do not attempt to pick up materials before speaking to library staff or prior to the scheduled time. Library staff will call patrons when the holds are ready to arrange a pickup date and time. Please ignore any text message or email notifications you may receive before speaking with library staff.
- NO ENTRY ALLOWED. Library facilities remain closed to the public at this time.
Placing Holds By Phone
- Have a list of books, audiobooks, or DVDs you would like to request for check out (no more than 10 items). Visit the PINES OPAC – https://gapines.org – and select Brunswick-Glynn County Library or St. Simons Island Public Library listed under Marshes of Glynn Libraries in the “Search Within” option to search for what may be available.
- Call the library to place your request.
Brunswick Library (912)279-3740
St. Simons Library (912) 279-3750
- Tell the library staff the items you are requesting.
Placing Holds Online
- Log in to your PINES account at https://gapines.org or in the PINES app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Change the “Search Within” option to Brunswick-Glynn County Library or St. Simons Island Public Library listed under Marshes of Glynn Libraries before searching for items to reserve.
- Click or select the title you want to reserve, then click or select the Place Hold button.
- Library staff will call you back when the items are ready in order to schedule a pickup date and time.
- Arrive at the library as close to your scheduled pickup time as possible.
- Observe social distancing guidelines when approaching and leaving the pickup area.
- Open top bins and book drops will be available for any returns you have. Drop those items in the bin without touching the bin. DO NOT TAKE ANY ITEMS FROM THE BIN.
- Look for your name among the bags sitting on the table and take it. Do not touch bags belonging to other patrons.
Curbside pickup and return locations:
Brunswick Library – REAR ENTRANCE
A table will be placed under the overhang at the rear entrance of the library adjacent to the parking lot. Library materials will be placed on the table in a plastic bag labeled with the patron’s name. Curbside services WILL NOT be available at the Gloucester Street entrance.
St. Simons Library – PORTICO OUTSIDE LIBRARY ENTRANCE
A table will be placed to the right of the library entrance in the covered portico area. Library materials will be placed on the table in a plastic bag labeled with the patron’s name.
Pickup locations at both libraries are handicap accessible.