2018 Summer Reading Program
Our libraries now offer an online tool called Beanstack that children and teens can use to track their reading for our 2018 Summer Reading Program—Libraries Rock! By logging your reading, attending library events, and writing book reviews, you will earn points toward virtual badges, free books, and entries into our grand prize drawing at the end of the summer. The more badges you earn, the better your chances of winning!
Registration Instructions for New Users
- To create your Beanstack account, go to http://moglibraries.beanstack.org to create an account.
- Choose the Register an Individual or Family option.
- If you are a parent or caregiver, choose I would like to register a child.
- Enter the Adult Information – first name, last name, username, and password are required.
- Enter your Child’s Information – first name, age, grade level, and school are required. (Schools are listed alphabetically, including options for Not in School, Homeschool, and Other.)
- Click the Next button below the form.
- Register additional children as needed. (It is optional to register yourself.)
After you finish registering or signing in, you will Pre-Register each child for the Libraries Rock! 2018 Summer Reading Program.
- Click the Pre-Register for This Program button below the program name.
- Click the Change Readers link to choose a different child and pre-register them, if applicable.
- Repeat the Pre-Register steps for each child as necessary.
- Starting May 29, you can track your child’s reading and let them write book reviews of what they have read.
- To record your child’s reading, click the Log Reading button.
- If applicable, click on Change Readers to select the correct child.
- Choose the Log Type – Event, Minutes, (or Book for ages 0 to 5 only).
- If you choose Event, type the name of the event, select the date, and click the Log button.
- If you choose Minutes, enter the number of minutes, the title and author of the book (optional), and click the Log button. (Smartphones cameras can scan the ISBN of the book to automatically enter the title.)
- Click the Write Review button to submit a book review (optional).
- Earn 1 point for each minute of reading (e.g. 30 min. = 30 points).
- Earn 30 points for attending a library program.
- Earn 5 points for writing a book review.
- Ages 0 to 5 only – Earn 15 points per book read.
Everyone who earns at least 900 points will be entered into the grand prize drawing. Earning more points increases the chance of winning. Grand prize drawings will be split into the following age groups: 0-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, and 15-18.
Share Your Child’s Reading Progress with Their School’s Media Specialist
- Click your child’s name and select Edit Reader from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Share This Reader section.
- Enter your school media specialist’s email address into the form.
- Click the Send button.