myON Digital Books
Go to website
Available through August 31
Getting Started is Quick and Easy!
Check out this short video
for tips on finding and reading great books on myON. Then follow these simple steps to access the myON platform.
- Visit http://about.myon.com/GetGAReading to get registered. Under the Job Title field, type in: Reader. Once you have registered, instructions on your county-specific log-in will be sent to you within 24 – 48 hours.
- Go to myON.com and click the Log In Now button.
- Enter the following information:
- School Name: Get Georgia Reading, Georgia Campaign for Grade Level Reading (Note: DO NOT cut and paste. Start typing “Get Georgia…” and select the school from the drop-down menu.)
- Username: included in registration instructions
- Password: included in registration instructions
- Click on the Sign In button, select a book, and start reading!
Enjoy anywhere, anytime access!
- Read anywhere — at home or school, in the library, Y or other community settings.
- Read anytime — days, evenings, weekends, holidays and school breaks.
- Read online using any Internet-enabled device, and read offline using free mobile apps for Kindle Fire HD, Android Devices, iPads and Google Chrome.
Tip: to be sure your system is myON-ready, click here
APPS AVAILABLE FOR OFFLINE USE
First, download the app that will work on your device. If you aren’t sure, use the Google Chrome app, since that will work on a
variety of devices through a Google Chrome browser! You must have Wi-Fi available to download an app.
SETTING UP YOUR DEVICE
Regardless of the platform your app is on, the same steps apply to setup your device for use with myON. You must have Wi-Fi
available to setup your device.
- Open the new myON app on your device.
- Choose to “Add User” or “Link User”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and enter your school, username, and password.
- Once added, sign in! Select your name, and enter your username when prompted.
- Now that you’re signed in, start adding books to read anytime. Choose the “Add Book” or “+” icon, and search to find books to add. When you’ve found a book to add, just click download. Repeat for up to 20 books.
You’re ready to read, but Wi-Fi isn’t available? That’s okay, just launch your myON app. Once launched, sign in. Select your name, and enter your username when prompted. Once you’re signed in, you can read any of the books you’ve previously downloaded.
SYNCING YOUR READING DATA
Syncing reading data is automatic with the myON app. The next time you’re in a Wi-Fi zone, open the myON app. Any reading statistics not yet shared with the myON website from the app will automatically sync and send. You can expect to see them in your myON account within 24 hours after syncing.