Meeting Room Policy & Regulations
Pease note: Meeting rooms will be unavailable from June 2018 through June 2019 due to the expected construction schedule during the library renovation. This policy is expected to change in order to to reflect the improved and expanded meeting facilities.
As part of its service to the community, the Brunswick-Glynn County Library provides its Auditorium and Small Meeting Room for Library-sponsored activities, community groups, agencies, and organizations, available on equal terms for the lawful activities of all groups and individuals, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations, subject to the regulations set out below. Meetings must be free and open to the public and media. Permission to use the Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the user or user’s beliefs.
Reservations must be made by an adult (18 years of age or older) representative of the group. The representative must have a PINES library card to reserve the Meeting Room. The representative that has reserved the space shall be liable for all damages and any clean up fees. Fees may be assessed to the library card of the representative who signs the Reservation Form.
The Auditorium and Small Meeting Room are booked on a first come, first served basis. A group may schedule only one meeting on the calendar at a time unless authorized by the Library Manager. No regularly scheduled meetings are permitted. The following reservation and usage fees for half-day use are due when the reservation is made: $50.00 for use of the Auditorium and $35.00 for use of the Small Meeting Room. The following reservation and usage fees for full-day use are due when the reservation is made: $80.00 for use of the Auditorium and $55.00 for use of the Small Meeting Room. A 7-day cancellation notice is required in order to receive a refund.
Upon adequate notice and for adequate reasons, the Library reserves the right to revoke permission to use the Auditorium or Small Meeting Room.
Rules & Regulations
- Programs must take place within usual Library hours (please visit the library website for a current listing). Meetings must adjourn 15 minutes prior to closing. Any extensions of time to hold meetings beyond usual Library hours must be specifically granted in writing by the Library Manager. Groups using the meeting rooms after hours may be required to pay an additional fee for maintenance and security.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an individual or organization.
- Groups will not be permitted to post any signs or materials on Library property.
- Facilities shall be left in a clean and orderly condition. Room arrangement shall be the responsibility of the user group and must be left in the same arrangement as found.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- The Auditorium’s capacity is 125 as specified by the laws and ordinances of the City of Brunswick. All groups must observe the meeting room capacity. There are approximately 90 chairs and 25 tables available for set up. Meetings may not disrupt the use of the Library by others, and persons attending the meetings are otherwise subject to all Library regulations and policies.
- The reservation representative must check-in and check-out with the Library Manager on Duty before and after the event.
- The Library does not assume liability for injury or damage to a person or property which occurs as a result of the actions of the sponsors or participants in a meeting scheduled at the library.
- The Director is authorized to reduce or waive any fees contained in this policy when the Auditorium or Small Meeting Room is used by a group for activities which, in the opinion of the director, raise funds for the Libraries or which directly support, in the opinion of the Director, a mission of the Libraries.
Refreshments and Equipment
All refreshments must be approved prior to event.
Groups may serve approved packaged snack food and nonalcoholic refreshments such as bottled water, soft drinks or coffee in the Meeting Room. However, there will be an additional charge of $30.00 for any non-Library group or individual who plans a meal service. This includes commercially-catered food service, carry out or delivered meals and covered dish meals.
Clean up is mandatory. The user group will be charged an additional clean up fee if the Auditorium or Small Meeting Room are left unclean.
Requests for audio/visual equipment must be indicated on the Reservation Form. A ceiling-mounted projection screen, video cable (excludes Macs), audio cable, VCR and DVD players with remotes, ethernet cable, and a power strip are available in the room. Users must provide their own media hardware and are responsible for all setup.
The Library is not responsible for materials or equipment brought into the Library by individuals or groups. Such materials or equipment may not be stored in the Library between meetings.
Prohibited Uses of the Meeting Room
Neither the Auditorium nor the Small Meeting Room will be used for:
- Sectarian or denominational religious instruction, worship services or ceremonies. Discussion groups studying great religious books such as the Bible, Koran, Torah, etc. are permitted.
- Rallies or campaigns for specific partisan political issues or candidates.
- Non-Library related groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services.
- Non-Library related groups charging admission, fees or contributions or soliciting donations.
- Activities likely to disturb regular Library functions.
- Commercial purposes such as a meeting for the promotion or sale of products or services immediately or at a later time.
- Fund-raising activities or events, except those sponsored by the Library for funds for the Library.
- Any unlawful purposes.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS OR ABUSE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PRIVILEGES WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF RIGHT TO USE.
Problems or complaints must be submitted in writing to the Director.
I have read, understand and accept responsibility for: (1) following and implementing the foregoing rules and regulations; and (2) paying all associated fees. I understand that a failure to comply with any of the rules and regulations or other staff directives will result in the immediate termination of Auditorium or Small Meeting Room privileges. Finally, I hold harmless the Marshes of Glynn Libraries, its officers, trustees and employees, and Glynn County, its officers and employees from all liability and damages directly or indirectly resulting from the uses of the Auditorium and/or Small Meeting Room.
Adopted by the MOGL Board of Trustees on May 14, 2014